What’s cooking with Mrs Balbir? Join our Celebrity Chef Mrs Balbir as she cooks Fish baked in Banana leaves. Joining her is Indian journalist Gavin Nazareth who lives in Thailand.
“What’s cooking with Mrs Balbir” is sponsored by Patak’s.
Check out Gavin’s food blog on-line and on Facebook:
Just Forking Around is a food blog sharing culinary adventures in the kitchen and around the world.
FISH BAKED IN BANANA LEAVES
300 Gram Boneless Fish Pieces cut into 2 inch
1 Teaspoon Salt
2 Tablespoon Patak’s Korma Gravy Paste
2 Teaspoon Mango Chutney
Black Pepper Crush for taste
1/3 Cup Coconut Milk
Red Chilies sliced for garnish
Banana leaves and aluminum foil
1. Place fish in a mixing bowl, add salt and black pepper .
2. Then add in the remaining ingredients except the banana leaves and foil. Marinate the fish for 30 — 45 minutes in the refrigerator.
3. Put a big sheet of aluminum foil on to a baking tray,place pieces of fresh banana leaves on to the foil. Spread marinated fish pieces and top with more layers of banana leaves enough to cover the fish.
4. Wrap tightly with the foil. 5. Heat oven temperature to 450 Fahrenheit. Grill in oven for 15- 20 minutes. 6. Garnish with sliced red chili and serve.
5. Heat oven temperature to 450 Fahrenheit. Grill in oven for 15-20 minutes
6. Garnish with sliced red chili and serve