What’s cooking with Mrs Balbir?
Join our Celebrity Chef Mrs Balbir as she cooks with Pataks Developmental Chef Manish Sharma..
“What’s cooking with Mrs Balbir” is sponsored by Patak’s.
In Thailand, Patak’s is available in Tesco Supercenter, Central Food Halls, Tops Market, Gourmet Market at Paragon and Emporium, Home Freshmart The Mall, Foodland and Villa Market. “Britian’s favorite curry brand comes to Thailand” * *Data from Nielsen Great Britain MAT value sales level.
For Chicken Tikka: Kaffir lime leaves –16g (16-18no.s) Ginger – 20g Garlic clove – 4 No.s(20g)s Patak’s Tikka Masala paste – 50g Full fat yogurt – 75g Salt – 2g Sugar – 2g Fresh mint leaves – 6g (1tsp) Lime juice – 10g (2tsp) Oil – 10g/2tsp Chicken Whole – 1No. Butter For Basting For Raw papaya and mango salad: Raw papaya (peeled and finely shredded) – 1 No. Raw mango (finely shredded) – 1No. Fresh red chilli finely shredded 2 No’s Lime juice – 35ml/ 2tbsp Red chilli powder –0.5g Salt –1.5g Honey –10g/2tsp Fresh coriander(roughly chopped) – 5g/1tsp Oil – 10g Mint fresh chopped – 2.5g/1/2tsp
1. Make paste of lime leaves, ginger and garlic using a mortar and pestle or kitchen blender.( you will have to chop the lime leaves first or alternatively use blender).
2. Add Patak’s tikka masala paste, yogurt, above paste, salt and sugar in a bowl and mix together like a marinade.
3. Finely chop mint leaves and add to the marinade.
4. Add lime juice and oil and mix well.
5. Add chicken to the bowl and mix together with light hand.
6. Cover the bowl and keep in the refrigerator for minimum of 2 hours.
7. Cook the marinated chicken in the oven at 200°C for 8 – 9 minutes or under the grill.
8. Soak raw papaya& mango juliennes and shredded red chillies in ice cold water till they become firm.
9. Make a dressing with lime juice, red chilli powder, salt, mint and honey.
10. When the papaya, chillies and the mango juliennes are firm, drain them ensuring there is no water left in them.
11. Add papaya, mango, chillies and fresh coriander together in a bowl, add the dressing and mix with light hands and without extensive mixing (if extensively handled the salad will go lumpy).
12. Serve chicken tikka on the bed of raw papaya salad and lemon wedges.